Posted by: marelize | 2009-03-13

Seratonin imbalance

I suffer from seratonin inbalance for 8 years and want to change my medication because I battle to find a anti depression that works for me I have tried Prozac, Cipramil, Stressum, Cyclift, Could you give me more info on the following meds: Lexapro, Zoloft or Paxil I need to now the side effect and which one you will recommend. I am 37 years and very active in my work and sport. I have heard about Molipaxon, will this help for my seratonon or is it more a anti depression.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Lexamil, Zoloft and Paxil are SSRI's - Similar to Prozac and Cipramil/Cilift. I would suggest switching to a different family of drugs. Speak to your doctor about switching to something like Efexor or the Molipaxin you've mentioned.
Molipaxin also falls in a different family, and may be effective - it is indicated for depression and depression with ass. anxiety.

Posted by: Dr Yvette Lamberts | 2009-09-26

Hi, I would like to know if you are aware of any contra-indications or adverse affects know when combining Molipaxin with ADD medication like Ritalin?
Dr Yvette Lamberts

Reply to Dr Yvette Lamberts