Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2008/08/21

Septumplasty

I have just found out that I have a problem with my septum and require a small procedure to straighten it. I will be having the op in September.
I am a quailified Scuba Diver and am just wondering if I will still be able to dive? How long after the op until it is safe for me to dive again???

Hallo Michelle
Yes you will be able to dive after having a septumplasty. I think you should be able to dive about 6 weeks after the operation - only because your nose will be sensitive and the mask may hurt you if you try earlier.