Question
Posted by: 44 | 2011-04-17

SEPTOPLASTY

15 April I had septoplasty. For 4 years i have had a teary eye, they did so many drc''s or dcr''s washing out the " pipe"  going from my eye to wherever....4 years of trying everything. eventually the opthamoligist gave up and sent me to an ENT who said my nose was scew (my layman interpretation) and i had to have septoplasty and also clear my sinuses while he was busy.

There were other people there too who had it no one bled as much as i did when the blue things were pulled out.

OKAY my problem is that its a month later...i have pain in my face all the time, i drink synup forte like its going out of fashion sometimes i feel bad about drinking them i take cataflam D just to sleep.
I snore like a huge truck and the stitches are still there. When do they dissolve? I can still feel each and every one of them. My nose gets all blocked and crusted up and i still cannot touch it at all....it''s sooo sore like someone hit me on the nose with a fist, i can blow but cant wipe just dab.

I went to see a specialist physician he said Its extremely swollen up inside but give it time....for how long!

When will the stitches come out? When will i stop having pain. When will my nose be normal again.

ps. the tears have stopped at least ! lol

Im seeing the ent in a months time.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear 44

I suggest you make an earlier appointment to see your ENT. Only an examination can sort out the problem. I am not in a position to comment, as the surgery was performed by another surgeon. It is possible that your nose needs to be suctioned to get rid of the old blood and debris. It is uncommon for a patient to require sich a lot of medication a month after surgery, so please see your surgeon ASAP.