Posted by: janki | 2012-04-24

septogard and folliculitis

So I have irritant folliculitis. It is worse in the summer because I shave my legs more in the summer.. However in the winter it still appears on my legs. I have had folliculitis for about a year now. It is not severe but it is quite irritating, unattractive, and at times it itches and is painful if i touch it.. It gets worse when it''s warmer outsied and when my legs rub against something like my pants or a chair or whatever. So i hav given up hope on this skin problem.. yes i have tried a lot of things... nothing works good. I dont want to go to the dermatologist because i have read so many stories of people with the same condition, who were put on a course of anti biotics and when the course was completed, it came back / got worse and anti biotics is not that good for the rest of our inner body, only for the condition, so I dont want to go on any anti biotics. Except for washing with anti bacterial soap, not shaving often and keeping the area of my legs clean, i dont really know what else i can do. I bought septogard tablets yesterday, dddo you think that could help to control the virus/bacteria which is causing my follicles to become inflamed?? and i read that most people find that their follliculitis gets better when they drink turmeric, it its very powerful and a natural inflammatory. Do you have any other advice for me?? please let me know...I am also taking some lactovita to restore my intestinal balance because I read that that could also be the cause of bad skin? let me know what you think. Thank you.

Expert ImageNatural health

hi Janki

the Septogaurd works specifically for bacteria. It does not affect your digestive tract in a negative way. For Turmeric to be in high enough dose you need to take 2 tablespoons mixed in water daily.

Make sure you drink in general enough water. A high dose Omega 3 will also help reduce inflammation.
Kind regards
Dr Debbie

Posted by: nanette walker | 2012-06-29

with respect to dr debbie''s advice: dear janki, have you scrutinized your ''eating ways''? i''m a cancer survivor and when diagnosed did exactly that: so no industrially processed foods anymore, no meat, rarely fish, little cheese and only ''live'' yoghurt (plain, i sweeten with raisins, nuts and bananas). lots of fresh stuff, fibre rich foods, rooibos tea , fruits of the season and home grown veggies. my home apothecary contains essential oils, which are nature''s best gift to us. read v.a. worwood''s book on aromatherapy.

Reply to nanette walker