Question
Posted by: Sally | 2010/06/07

Q.

Septic post nasal drop with smelly yellowish green hard substance

Hello- I have had this septic tasting post nasal drop. When I cough sometimes these yellowish green hard little rock like things come from my throat- its the testure of a boiled gran of rice- it smell HORRIBLE. I am afraid that is is how my breath smells all the time as well. I dont know what to do. What are these things and why cant this post nasal drop stop?

Expert's Reply

A.

Hallo Sally
You probably have a chronic sinusitis and you may need antibiotics to clear this. Also rinse your nose with salt water ( 1 cup boiled cooled down water - body temperature - with 1/2 teaspoon salt) sniff it up and blow it out until the water comes out clear. The things you cough up, are called tonsilliths and are calcified debris from the tonsil crypts. Try gargling with salt water to get rid of it.
dr Bets

1
user comments

C.

Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/07

Hallo Sally
dr Bets

Want to comment?