Posted by: Madeleine | 2012-05-31

Septic Colon

My husband''s colon is septic, with blood blisters on it. What diet should he follow?

Dear Madeleine
I am so sorry to hear that your poor husband is suffering from a septic colon with blood blisters. This is a very serious medical condition which requires a specific diet prescription that must be worked out for each patient individually. Please consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area).
The dietitian will have to guide you and your hubby as regards which foods he can tolerate and also decide if he needs to use a liquid meal supplement until his condition has improved somewhat.
Holding thumbs