Question
Posted by: LA | 2010-12-02

seperation anxiety please help!!

hm. my boyfriend suffers from BAD seperation anxiety! and i mean, REALLY bad, it''s so irritating to have to constantly reassure him that I love him when I''m away for work or emotionally unable to really engage with him. Sometimes it almost makes me WANT to detach in a perverse, evil urge to provoke his anxiety. It makes me feel TRAPPED. When my battery is flat or when I don''t respond to his messages or emails or whatever in a reasonably timely manner (determined by him) then he''d go beserk, one time he actually phoned the police and gave me up as missing!! (after i didn''t contact him for 3 hours...yet I TOLD him prior to this period that I need the entire afternoon to myself, to not expect any contact from me, I needed to recharge.) well, then after 1 hour he sent me an sms asking me if I''m feeling better yet..to which i didn''t respond...so then I got a whole barrage of messages and missed calls, eventually informing me that he had ''no choice'' but to go to the police...!!!
I can''t keep on like this, it''s depleting me on ALL levels. Yet I DO adore this man, he''s SO good to me, I don''t WANT to leave him...yet I need my own space!! please help........... i also don''t like to see hiim suffer so badly,it must be hell to be so insecure.
I want to fix this relationship before i do something really cruel and destroy it!!

Separation Anxiety as such is a condition we see in children, not men claiming to be adult. He sounds immature and unusually insecure and needy. DO all you can top convince him to see a psychologist to deal with his gross insecurities, which will eventually drive you apart, and would do so with any woman he tried to envelop in this sort of sick and smothering relationship If he refuses to recogize his need for help, and to get it and work at it, leave him behind - it can't work unless he becomes less frantically needy

9
Posted by: pinkie | 2010-12-04

Don''t waist much of ur time with something that doesn''t have any future,u must know what u want it ur life

Reply to pinkie

Posted by: Old Hand | 2010-12-03

To Nu. Not discouraging at all. Its actually giving sound positive advice. Why on earth would anyone with an iota of common sense want to waste a whole lot of time bothering with someone as pathetic as the person she is involved with ? Dump him or suffer, on and on and on and on !!

Reply to Old Hand
Posted by: Nu | 2010-12-03

Such discouraging replies
Try to find out why he act this way. Maybe he should go for councelling alone and as a couple to get to the root of his problem.
Hang in there and Good Luck

Reply to Nu
Posted by: whydontyouloveme | 2010-12-02

RUN....but always know......you cant hide.

There is your bed LA.....you made it, LIE IN IT

Reply to whydontyouloveme
Posted by: Old Hand | 2010-12-02

Phil andA2Z said it. RUN RUN RUN, or you will end up like Sandy (above) Stuck with a few kids including a big kid who you married !!

Reply to Old Hand
Posted by: A2Z | 2010-12-02

Run away very fast....................this is not normal.

Reply to A2Z
Posted by: Screwed | 2010-12-02

Dont disguise it, its not seperation anxiety bt insecurity and he also doensn''t trust you. Yini kwenzenjani, uke wamufebela yini?

Reply to Screwed
Posted by: Phil | 2010-12-02

Good luck. Run, run as fast as you can...

Reply to Phil