Question
Posted by: Tinky | 2010/06/29

Seperation Anxiety

I have to move out of my flat for 6 months so that I can save some money. I only moved in a few months ago (and actually never took the time to sort out all my stuff).. so with this move which is the most stressful ever cause someone else is subletting from me and I''m not the most organised person (so now I have to be almost perfect so that everything is ready for him).

On Saturday I was completely immobilised with fear - I cried myself silly and the doctor had to prescribe calming tablets which really helped!

The biggest thing however is that my cat will be fostered by a nice family I met at church. I dropped her off yesterday and once again cried myself silly. She has been with me for a couple of years. Previously she stayed with family with lots of dogs and cats etc... she was so stressed out that she pulled all her hair out of her tummy.

So I nutured her and gave her tons of love so she has recovered beautifully. She is on the science diet etc. Now is in a family with one teenage daughter, a two year old and another old cat who is so lovely and I suggested the cat be placed in her room. I took the table she loves to hide under and her favourite toy. Yesterday when I took her over she mewed all the way there (hates cars and boxes). To my relief when I let her out of her box into the girls room her tail was up and she was sniffing all over the place.

Ofcourse I was uncontrollably bauling my eyes out.....

This morning I received an update that the cats met.... hissing at one another but keeping their distance ... seems they have similar personalities. But I believe it will work out in the end - the family really loves cats and so far have been very good to her ..

but I miss her so much.

anyway, everything has a purpose !!

tx

Fortunately, T, you'll get over this, probably better and sooner than you imagine. And fortunately, too, in my experience, cats are enormously practical and much less sentimental than we are, and adjust to surviving much worse disasters than being temporarily fostered by a really nice family.
Cats generally hate being in a box when you want them to be in one, and love climbing into boxes when you don't want them to do so. And very few enjoy cars. Like children, she may be more upset by how awfully upset you are, than by the actual change in her surroundings.
Give her the chance to comfort you when you get together occasionally.

2
Posted by: Amazing | 2010/06/29

Hahahah unbelievable!! crying for a cat! Clearly u dont have serious problems..Sorry if im a bit insensitive here.

Reply to Amazing