Question
Posted by: D | 2011/06/22

Seperating kids

Im 30 weeks pregnant giving birth in Sept, i have a 29months old boy. My partner wants our son to live with his mom and he will come and viist us during the school holidays. His mom lives in Limpopo and we in PTA.

Now my question is, is it a good idea to seperate the kids while they still young ? im not keen on this idea

Why are you choosing to have children in such a situation, where you are unavble to raise them personally and in ways of greatest benefit to you all ? You're right that it is not a good idea to separate the kids from each other ; but its also not a good idea to sepaate them from their parents.

5
Posted by: Lee | 2011/06/22

Is this perhaps a cultural thing? Raise your own child. Send them to schools you want. They are better off with you, that is how it is meant to be. But sit down and talk to your partner and his mom so they understand that you are their mother and you and your children need to form a bond with each other. Perhaps they think of your ideas as more Westernised. It may call for some family counseling so as not to sour relationships.

Reply to Lee
Posted by: D | 2011/06/22

Thanks for the responses,

You guys are misunderstanding my post, i dont want my baby to go live with my partner''s mom, i want to raise them myself. I told my partners thats its not a good idea to have one baby live there and the other one there. So i just needed cybershrink''s opinion on this matter.

His mom also wants to stay with the baby and I dont want

Reply to D
Posted by: Soul | 2011/06/22

Children are meant to be looked after by the parents not given to the grandparents to raise. Why are you having children if you are considering this.

Reply to Soul
Posted by: Maria | 2011/06/22

Never mind separating the kids, why would you want to separate such a young child from his parents?

Reply to Maria