Question
Posted by: boo hoo | 2010/11/29

seperated but battling

Ive been seperated for about a year. It was my decision to move out as i was extremely unhappy. I am now battling financially and dont know if i should move back or not.

I don't think any of us can tell you whether you should or should not move back, as it depends on so many more facts and issues than you can possibly tell us here. See a counsellor to help you weigh up the alternatives. Its usually worth trying marriage counselling before giving up on a marriage, but you've been separated for a year now. To go back, if you were very unhappy before, just for financial reasons ( if indeed he/she would accept you back under these circumstances ) would surely mean you'd still be unhappy. Are there not other ways to solve the financial problems ?

3
Posted by: Nia | 2010/12/01

I see ... so life is all about YOU. YOU were unhappy so YOU decided to break up and move out to live a life that will make YOU happy and other people unhappy. Now that YOU are suffering financially YOU want to go back so that this person who YOU did not want to be with in the first place can support YOU!

How selfish.

Reply to Nia
Posted by: Phil | 2010/11/30

You would be moving back for the wrong reasons, and that may be much worse then just being broke!

Reply to Phil