Question
Posted by: Seperated | 2011-06-20

Seperated

hello
my husband and i are seperated for almost 2yrs and we have a 3 yrs child together. we always speak about reconciling but he always want me to prove myself and consitanly asking for our baby girl to spend weekends with him. we did go to court and the agreement was for him to have her sundays 10am-5pm.

we seperated because of both side family interfearance. And now he does not want to hear of things that affected me he is only interested in sorting out his feelings and things that affected him. every time we come close to reconciling to an extend where i am wilin to keave work so that things work out for us he finds NEW issuses that he wants to sort out.
please help me am i wasting my time or used we divorce. about 1yr now he even moved out on his own and i only found out about 6months now.

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Any successful relationship is based on the principles that there is mutual respect, good communication, trust and dependability.
If a relationship is taking strain because of outside influence, such as family interference or/and a lack of interest in the others feelings, it will be a very challenging relationship. When you find yourself putting more energy in trying than just simply enjoying yourselves together you should acknowledge that there maybe a problem that cannot be resolved.
However your husband sounds like he wants to have a relationship with your daughter which is something you should be grateful for and asking to see her more is not unreasonable. Your separation is not your daughter's separation and she has a right to have a relationship with both her parents. It would be recommended that you do address the quality of your communication for the sake of your future relationship as co-parents.

2
Posted by: James | 2011-07-30

we seperated for almost 2 months now and i cannot get over it, what can i do to get this loving and missing feelings out of my system?
She dont want to communicate and dont want to give the relationship a second change.
She saw me talking on gmail with a old family friend (woman) and thinks that i have relationship but it was only catching up for we didnt see eachother for 2 years,she was like sister to me!
The lady friend send her email to explain but she dont agree.
I am lost!!!

Reply to James
Posted by: Zazza | 2011-06-29

Leave this man alone, but please let him see his child, becuase I know how important it is for children to be with their fathers. The two of you reconciling, you will reconcile, but you will have to be submissive, that means he will bully and abuse you.

Reply to Zazza