Posted by: Damion | 2009-08-31

My son told me that his mother has a new boyfriend yesterday.
This took me by surprise as she insisted for so long that we were getting seperated, because she needs space and she needs to figure out who she is. Now it seems like she only did this so that she could explore a relationship with another man...

I don t know what to do...i' m so depressed...

Some advice would be really appreciated

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hi Damion,
this is a tough news, let alone that it was reported by your child. A relationship breakup is never easy especially when there is someone else involved.
It seems that your son's mother did not hide her new relationship from your son and must have expected for your child to come and report this to you.
I urge you to have a conversation with your wife to clarify both your situation and remind yourselves that your son should not put in the middle of this.
It's time to face your choices and protect your child from your separation.