Posted by: Sheryl | 2011-06-06

Seperated 1 month, and he has already moved on

My husband and i split a month back after 15yrs of marriage, yesterday i found out, he is staying with a girl, and they are very much in love. How can he move on so fast. I feel like its the end of the road for me, but i need to be there for my 13year old daughter. Does it get better, will i get over this, how do i keep my emotions to myself especially at work, i cannot eat, sleep or even think. I have never hurt this much before.

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Yes it does hurt and like any wound it does get better. You've broken up from a long relationship. It is a huge loss and you have to mourn the loss. There are many steps to overcome but the trick is to keep moving forward and trust that your future is there for you.
You ca inbox me for a free copy of my eBook From caterpillar to butterfly.

Posted by: Sher | 2011-08-21

Thank you all, for the advice. If any of you know of a divorcve group in Northcliff, Constantia Kloof area or even Santon, please let me know, i desperately need to talk to someone about the pain im going through.

Reply to Sher
Posted by: Soother | 2011-06-23

Sorry for that. As in most divorce cases there is always the one who actions the divorce and the one who is divorced. The one who actions the divorce is the one who is happy, relaxed, relieved and immediately ready to make a fresh start. You are the one who is divorced and wonder what happened. You will want to try and figure out what was wrong with you and what did yiou do that was wrong. This is natural, but you must take a step back and have a good hard look at your husband. See him for what he was and what he is and appreciate fully what sort of a person he is. You will soon realise that you are far better off without him. What you have to do now is to make sure that you get the absolute best maintenance from him that you can. He has to pay his dues. Feel good about yourself at all times.

Reply to Soother
Posted by: Survived Infidelity | 2011-06-10

Sorry that you are going through such pain - but from what you have said I would summise that your husband had been having an affair for a while and has now broken ties with you to be with the other woman.

You need to concentrate on yourself and how you are going to deal with this. crying and begging will not work infact it would probably drive him further into the other womans arms. Only contact him if it has anything to do with finances. Change yourself, get a new hairdo, makeup clothes, whatever helps you to feel better.

Find yourself a counsellor when the going gets really tough. And please remember, he will move on from this woman too!!

Reply to Survived Infidelity