Separating 2 dogs

Sadly my boyfriend and I are in the process of breaking up. I have a dog and soon after we got together he bought a puppy so our two dogs have been together for quite some time and they really get on well and play together nicely. However, he is insisting on keeping his dog. I am very worried about my dog and how the separation from her friend will affect her, she is quite a sensitive dog.

Do you think that she will get over it or do you think this is going to do irreversible damage?

Dear Anon

Do not make your problem the dog's problem. Buy a DAP diffuser for your dog and take a something yourself.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-09-29

No, it won' t do irreversible damage, but you need to provide some distraction for the dog - don' t fuss too much, just act like everything is normal, and find some toys or chews for her. Take her for extra walks, too - that will provide mental stimulation and distraction. But don' t worry - she' ll be fine.

Reply to Chill