Posted by: Sharkey | 2009-03-20

Sensitive head

7 years ago I was in a car accident and had a bad concussion. SInve then I get daily headaches but what worries me more is that my scelp is super sensitive where I hit my head. If anyone pulls my hair softly in that area I get a miggrane and if I massage or just lightly scratch my head in that area it tingles. It doen not hurt like I want to start crying but it does feel sensitive and I am aware of some discomfort. i don' t know how else to put it.

I never went for a cat scan or any thing like that after the accident as my finances are very budgetted. Should I be worried?

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Sharkey,

It certainly doesn’t sound like anything serious, so don’t be too concerned.

When you can, you should have the problem diagnosed and treated, so that you don’t have to put up with the ongoing discomfort.