Question
Posted by: Mark | 2010-10-31

Sensitive Feeling on skin around rib area

Hi Doc,

I have a sensitive area on the right side on my stomach. It''s not physically sore, but just very sensitive to touch. It doesnt matter whether I am in the shower or when I wear clothing and the wind blows against it - It''s very sensitive.

I have a history of Ulcers and went to see my GP yesterday. He advised that it was Ulcer related and prescribed Nexiam 40mg for 30 days.

My question is...

Is it possible that Ulcers can cause the sensitivity and how long will it take to go away. It impedes on my sleep as I like lying on my right side :)

Your advice is much appreciated?

Thank you!

Mark

Hallo Mark
Ulcers can cause referred pain to the side of the stomach as well as to the upper back. It may also be due to a superficial nerve irritation (often due to it being pinched between muscle fibres) See if it helps if you rub with Sloan's liniment?

4
Posted by: Louis | 2016-07-06

I developed pain from singing too often, too loudly. Doctors say it's costa-condritis (or something like that name, or is it Condra .... ?) Inflammation of the joints around the ribs. Very painful at times. Will Sloans Liniment help, and if so where do I get it in South Africa? I really enjoy singing, but it comes with a cost. Thank you

Reply to Louis
Posted by: Louis | 2016-07-06

Reply to Louis
Posted by: Mark | 2010-11-01

Hi Doc.

I also have a few small blisters on my stomach now where it''s very sensitive. I find it inexplicably weird that i could be ulcer related. Your advice?

Regards,

Mark

Reply to Mark
Posted by: Mark | 2010-10-31

One more thing... The sensitivity is actually right between my the start of my rib cage and stomach. It doesnt hurt - it''s just sensitive.

Reply to Mark