Question
Posted by: Di | 2011-11-15

sensitive digestive system

I am a woman in my early 60''s. For the past 10 years I have developed a condition in which, after a restaurant meal or a large meal at someone''s home, I develop bloating and totally uncontrollable explosive diarrhoea. I would say that these meals have only 2 things in common- they are more than I usually eat and they probably are more nutrient-dense, with somewhat more fat than I am used to.I am sure it is not specific foods causing it, as my lifelong habit has been to eat any and every food, in moderation of course. Is this diarrhoea anything to worry about or is it just a sign of ageing? I had standard annual blood tests a few months ago and everything was normal.

Di

I do suggest that you consult a gastroscopy and colonoscopy. It is not normal to experience these symptoms after a meal and it will beneficial to have it investigated.