Posted by: MS | 2009-03-20

Sensitive about everything

I am a very very very sensitive person, i take everything to heart, and i find that i am constantly being hurt or offended by people, to the extent of lying in bed at night, i cry and cry and cry until i finally fall asleep. what' s wrong with me?? I think about the world, and how it would be none the wiser if i wasn' t in it, and it would save me a whole lot of heart ache. I love my fiance, he seems to be the only person that doesn t offend me. why am i so sensitive? do you think i should be on medication.? Help!!

See a CBT, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy counsellor to re-tune your unhelpful sensitivity. If you must look at the world, think of how better it would be without a long list of people such as Fritzl, and how much better it is for people like you. Sounds like depression is at least part of what's happing to you --- see a good local psychiatrist for a thorough assessment, and diagnosis, and then a discussion of your treatment options. CBt can help you unlearn these profoundly negative bad habits of thought you have somehow learned.

Posted by: ijk | 2009-03-20

you are probably depressed. maybe you need to get help.

Reply to ijk