Question
Posted by: Footloose | 2008/10/14

SENSATION OF VIBRATION ON MY FOOTSOLE

I went t for a 5 km walk on saturday morning (first time for 5km at once) wearing running shoes. Afterwards I went shopping and wore a cork sandal platform style - even line, not dipped (no support- hard surface on the inner sole) I felt soreness on my right footsole on the outer edge. Later still, I went out for the evening where I sat mostly and was wearing a sandal with a high heel - no soreness at all. Whole of Sunday was busy on my feet and felt some soreness at times on the outer edge footsole. Monday morning noticed that the feet/ankles were swollen and then the evening felt this sensation like a vibration on the sole of my foot. Not sore, the frequency is consistent like a ventilator. It also feels today like there is a slight sensation of pins &  needles.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Footloose

You mention going for your first 5km walk; any increase in the amount of walking are doing can potentially cause problems. I treat many people in my practice who have just started walking, running or exercising. It certainly sounds like the shoes were not suitable. I think you need to have your feet and walking assessed to give you the right shoe. As far as the sensation of vibration goes, it will be difficult to make a diagnosis without being able to take a full history and a proper examination.

Chris