Question
Posted by: Rosy | 2012/10/31

Senna

I eat alot of fiber but i still tend to struggle with my stomach working properly i recently tried 2 senna tables and they worked so well, but the tablet warns that one may be dependant on it , is that actually a problem if one becomse dependant on it , i feel like i have such a break through because i have tried all the natural things prunes etc i can eat packets and nothing will change and for one if feel like im not bloated etc

thanks

Dear Rosy
I understand that you are tempted to start relying on laxatives to ensure regularity, but as it says on the senna tablets, these products can be harmful because of patients becoming dependent and even losing their normal bowel movements. In addition, the use of laxatives that can cause diarrhoea if taken in excess can lead to dehydration and electrolyte imbalances.
Do try and eat a high fibre diet and to use normal foods, moderate liquid intake and regular exercise like walking to restore your regularity.
Take care

1

Dear Rosy
Take care