Posted by: Bee | 2012-02-07

Semen analysis

Hi there Doctor,

Please would you give me your opinion on this sperm analysis:

Volume 3ml
Concentration 34 mill/ml

Motility: 59%
Forward progression: 3 (good)

Morphology: 8%

I know that the morphology should be more than 15%. In your opinion.. would you say that this could be the reason (or one of the reasons) why we are struggling to fall pregnant? We have been trying for 11 months now.

What also bothers me, is the fact that all 59% mobile sperm have SLOW PROGRESSION. There are 0% with fast progession.

Thank you.

Yes, the sperm count is normal but morphology and forward progression is poor and this can be the reason for struggling to fall pregnant. Ask your doctor about invitro fertilisation as a possibility.