Question
Posted by: John | 2010/01/18

Semen analysis

Hello doctor

I would like to have my semen analysed so that I will know what my fertility status is. How do I do this? What will it require me to do? What is involved? Thank you.

Dear John

Most of the pathology laboratory groups such as Lancet, Ampath etc. will offer semen analysis as would most if not all fertility units. It is prudent that some form of prior arrangement or appointment be made with the laboratory and at the time you could ask for their particular protocol that they would suggest. Alternately for more information you can contact the BioART fertility centre on 011-484 5119.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

3
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/01/22

Dear John

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: L | 2010/01/18

Hi. You would need to get a lab form from your doctor, where he will ' tick'  the tests you want to have done. You will need to get a specimen bottle from him and provide a specimen. You then have 30 mins to get this to the lab (eg Lancets) and then you must phone the doc for the results a few days later. Hope this helps.

Reply to L
Posted by: L | 2010/01/18

Reply to L