Question
Posted by: ANON | 2010/08/10

SELFHELP

I AM CONSTANTLY STRUGGLING WITH THIS INSURENESS, FEELING FEARFUL OF EVERYTHING I DO EVEN A TELEPHONE CALL IS TO MUCH...I AM CURRENTLY ON ANTI DEPRESSANTS BUT ALTHOUGH I FEEL BETTER THE LACK OF SELF CONFIDENCE AND THE ANXIETY/FEAR REMAINS THE SAME. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HELP BETTER MYSELF AS MY MEDICAL AID DOES NOT CURRENTLY COVER FOR A PSYCHOLOGIST AND MONEY IS AN ISSUE....

KIND REGARDS
ANON

OK, sounds rather like an anxiety disorder, which responds well to some medications and to CBT style counselling. Antidepressants may help some such symptoms, but not the actual situations which create them, which is why proper counsellin is FAR more effective. It is typical of the extreme short-sightedness of medical aids, that they so readily pay for expensive antidepressants even if they don't work, and not for counselling which most probably will work. Counselling may not necessarily be more expensive, especially as it can be effective within a shorter time-span than the medications

2
Posted by: hop | 2010/08/10

try therapy talking about it might help also if you have internet access research ways to build your self esteem

but before you do all that please press the CAPS lock button on your computer.

Reply to hop