Question
Posted by: Bernie | 2012-03-13

Self-Sabotaging Behaviour

Dear Doc, I have identified that I engage in self-sabotaging behaviour. Now that it has been identified, how do I go about learning why I do this and how to stop it. Due to logistical issues I am unable to get to the psychologist. Thank you, Bernie

Interestingly, not only can one sometimes never work out WHY, but one doesn't actually have to but can still learn to stop it. I recommend as the currently best available method, CBT, Ognitive-Behaviour Therapy, but this would need in a more complex problem like this, to be conducted by a psychologist. IS there any way to work out those logistical issues ( and be sure they aren't a disguised form of self-sabotage ? ). CBT is specially useful in changing self-defeating and unhelpful bad habits of thought and deed.

1