Posted by: Mankind | 2009-03-27

Self Respect...

I don' t know how to start this. SO here goes. I am not writing this for any other reason as to the fact that I have no one to talk to. Ever lost hope? Well I have. I lost my job due to budget cuts a few months ago and since have been unable to find anything else. My current living arangements is very much less than perfect. I am 35 and have nothing to show for it, and am about to loose what little I have due to this. I feel I am worth nothing to nobody, People create an impression of me and don' t even bother to look further. I lie awake at night scared of what the day of tomorrow is going to bring and I don' t know if I am willing anymore to face it. I don' t know what to do.

Hi m. I've checked, an you're a fully paid-up member of mankind, so don't let manunkind dusturb you so. Its terribly diappointing when one loses a job, especially through not fault of your own. The essential element is to regain sureness that you are worth a lot, to yourself --- its hard for other people to recognize your value when you don't do so yourself. If you feel you haven't achieved enough of lasting value by 35, then lets work to see what more you can achieve by 45. Call Lifeline, as a frsit step in talking with someone and starting to explore your options. You sound significantly depressed, and shouldsee a shrink or at least a good GP for a proper assessment, to check the diagnosis and discuss treatment options. I'm sure you could be feeling better before long, and making realistic plans for a better future. You will feel less scared when you know where you're going.

Posted by: mm | 2009-04-01

Hi Sorry about this situation you find yourself in but please try to go on the dpsa website they do advertise a lot of vacancies in government (dont know your field or skils ) but maybe you will find something you could apply for.. good luck let us know

Reply to mm
Posted by: Caring | 2009-03-30

Hi, so sorry to hear about your circumstances and really wish that I could do something for you. I know you feel alone and hopeless, but there are people out there who DO care about you so please don' t lose hope. Remember, the Lord never sent anyone a problem that they would not be able to deal with. Maybe your losing your job was just a gentle push in another direction that will mean somethjng better and bigger for you. Hang in there !!

Reply to Caring
Posted by: dingo bongo | 2009-03-29

We are all going through difficult economic times, many people have lost their jobs along with yourself and there will be millions following you, dont lose hope, keep hunting for a job i have absolute confidence that you will secure decent long term employment, be it with a firm or by succeeding in creating your own business.

Dont say you have nothing to show for your life, im sure you have had an impact on many people you have met so far on your journey, and your path has only now just begun.

Keep Well
dingo bongo

Reply to dingo bongo