Posted by: AJ | 2009-01-15

My dog constantly licks his paw. It is so bad that he now has raw areas on it. He is 11 (human) years old and is a cross doberman alsation. Any advice and treatment would be appreciated!

Dear AJ

Take your dog to a vet. It can be grass allergy of liver cancer.

Posted by: AJ | 2009-01-15

Thanks Sam! I' ll try it and see how it goes.

Reply to AJ
Posted by: Sam | 2009-01-15

Hi AJ,

My Alsation did the same..
You need to take him to your vet... he sounds like he has an infection.. so the vet will have to give him a shot.. he will also give you a cream to apply to the dogs paw... you will need to wrap it in gauze and bandage for about a week so that the infection and wound can heal a bit.... but try to air it now and then so it can dry out.... keep wrapping it up if you feel that he is still licking it... he will try get the bandage off.. but just keep at it...

Reply to Sam