Posted by: sc | 2009-08-26

self confidence lacking

Hi. I need urgent help. I have a date on Saturday (been out of the dating game for quite some time) &  I honestly dont know what this guy sees in me. I am really nervous of him (&  I think he is of me) and I know I am going to act differently on Satuday than I have over the past few months. We have gotten to know eachother slowly and there has been no intensity. But now he asked me out and I will be stuck with him for a few hours, where before I could chat to him for 2 minutes &  walk away, so I was myself. I have zero self confidence and scared that he is going to wake up and see the person I really am. How do I just act like this is just a movie, nothing more, nothing less. No expectations.... I really like him &  would like there to be more, but if I am nervous and self conscious, he will not want to see me again. Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

This isn;t really a question for a psychiatrist, is it ? I'm sure other readers can respond helpfully.

Posted by: Jane | 2009-08-26

He asked you out, so he clearly likes you. If it is just a movie, you dont have to talk during that, so thats at least 2 hours where you can breathe and relax without talking.

Sounds like he is nervous too. Jist try your best to relax and act yourself. I' m sure it will go great!

Reply to Jane
Posted by: RIck | 2009-08-26

Just be yourself, that way you are always being true to who you are.

Ive been in the game for many years, then out of it when I got married, now in it again, as im divorced. I have always just been me, yes, a bit nervous in the beginning when meeting new people, but who isnt?

Dont be over eager, dont pressurise or be pressured, just let the evening flow naturally and be yourself.

Reply to RIck