Question
Posted by: scorpio | 2009-08-28

self confidence

How do I build up self confidence? I know I have a lot going for me physically but since I was a child, my parents have told me that I have a really horrible personality... so I dont see myself as a nice person although I have lots of friends and boyfriends. Only the other day, someone at work told me I have a really nice personality and I was on top of the moon. No one has ever said that to me. How do I get over the insults that were made 20 odd years ago, overnight?

If you were really as nasty a person as you seem to believe --- how on eath did you manage to have lots of friends and bs ? See a counsellor, especally one using CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour therapty ) methods, and revise your falseluy negative set of assumptions about yourself, discover your real value, and start enjoying yourself and others