Question
Posted by: Why | 2008/10/23

Self confidence

When I was younger I was full of self confidence and I could manage my life and my family very well. Now in my 50s I am flaundering. I don' t understand why I have no more self confidence now. I have become a very dull and lonely person. How and why has this happened?!

I am not even sure if you have an answer to this question!
Thanks for your time.

There can be various reasons for this --- maybe finding that there are less challenges to face, and settling into a duller routine, saps confidence. It can be with less to manage, you have less experiences of feeling competent. Are you alone or in a relationship ? Habe you given up activities, hovbbies and interests that used to fire you up ? Why not resume some o them, or start new ones ? Counselling can help to clarify the status quo and options in front of you