Selective Serotonin Reuptakes Inhibitors

Could you tell me which of Serotonin Reuptakes I am able to purchase over the counter and are affective for depression?

Dear Anonymous
You will need a prescription for SSRI;s - it is not available over the counter. (None of the antidepressives are) Please discuss with your GP?

You can only obtain SSRI' s with a prescription from a doctor. There are many brands to choose from and each one is tailored to be more effective for certain diseases. I know a lot of people use St. Johns'  Wort for mild depression, but best would be to discuss it with your doctor/pharmacist?