Question
Posted by: msindis | 2012-03-01

Seizures

I have left tempoal lobe epilepsy (complex partial seizures) since an early age, younger than 10 years, and am now 36years. I take two 200mg twice a day of lamotrigine. Examinations indicated that, the hippocumpus head on the left is slightly smaller than that of the right. I was wondering if I would not be a good candidate for surgery since I have had medication since I was young. Even though the medication controls the seizures, I feel this is too much for me. What are the pros and cons of epilepsy surgery? Also what are the prequisites before one can be allowed to do surgery?

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Msindis,

This is a question for an epilepsy expert - I am afraid that is outside my field as I only treat headaches. Sometimes though epilepsy sufferers do also have headaches - if this is so in your case then I may be able to help you. I will be away for the next three weeks, but you can contact me on drshevel@headclin.com

1
Posted by: Headache expert | 2012-03-06

Dear Msindis,

Reply to Headache expert