Posted by: Jane | 2009-10-06

Just enquiring if reflexology is a safe alternative treatment for absent seizures. If so, has it been found to be effective in reducing attacks.

Ps: There is a bit of caution among some reflexologists to treat my 12 year old son for fear of precipitating an attack!

Expert ImageReflexology expert

Hello Jane

I have personally worked with patients that suffer with seizures - and have found it effective.
I undestand that some therapist will be a bit cautious because they might not know how to handle the patient if they have an attack.
When you look for a therapist - please make sure that they are registered with Allied Health Council - then you know that they have been trained in a registered school and have done the various exams and tests to qualify.

One website I can recommend - where all the therpists on the site are registered is :

I hope this has answered your question.