Question
Posted by: beat | 2008/09/02

seizure, epileptic??

Recently I had a seizure, like an epileptic one 5 minutes before landing at cpt airport, when i regained consciousness I was being wheeled off plane into ambulance, the flight attendant said to me I had, had a fit (body convulsions, foaming at the mouth). I could not believe her, I have no history of epilepsy. I was at hospital for 6 hours and then discharged after they found no reasons to be alarmed.

What I want to know is what caused this fit, I had been drinking in durban the night before, and had little sleep, but is that enough to cause a seizure, I find it hard to believe as this was not the first time I had ever drunk and slept a little.

please advise me on what I should do.
thanks a million

Dear Beat

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

You have to consult a neurologist, in order to have an EEG of your brain done. This will shed light if you are in fact an epileptic. It is not uncommon for epilepsy to start at a later age.

Kind regards