Question
Posted by: Sam | 2009/10/23

Seer enkel

Goeie dag,
Ek oefen vir 4 weke al op ' n elliptical en het geen probleme ondervind nie maar gister toe ek oefen(gewoonlik vir 20 minute) het ek steekpyne in my linker enkel begin kry en self as ek nou net normaal loop is dit seer. Ek wil nie my enkel seerder maak nie maar kan ook nie ophou oefen nie. Wat kan ek doen?

Hi Sam

Well, hopefully by now the pain has disappeared. You should not exercise through or beyond the point of pain, but rather back off and allow recovery to take place. I'm not sure what the cause might be - it doesn't sound like anything related to too much training, although I don't know how long you'd been training for. However, my guess would be that you just need to rest up and give it a few days, not force it through the pain barrier. If you do that, then it usually results in a worse problem and you end up missing more time.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/10/29

Hi Sam

Reply to fitnessdoc