Question
Posted by: STALLION | 2010/09/25

SEEN MY PARENTS HAVING SEX

I am 67 years old. Grew up on a farm. At an early age already seen the animals copulating and giving birth. My parents never needed to explain " the birds and the bees"  to me.

I had to get up early in the morning to catch the bus taking us to the school in town. I took my father a cup of coffee to their bedroom every morning when I have made mine.

On a couple of occasions (at ages 8 - 15) I have in the mornings walked in on my parents having a sex in a missionary position. They were always doing it under the blankets. I have never seen them naked. When hearing me entering, my father would roll off, still heavily breathing. I never said anything or turned around, but would as usual simply put the coffee mug on the table next to his bed, walked out and closed the door.

Later during the day both my parents and me would have acted normally as if nothing unusual have happened.

I was actually always very proud of my father and have admired him with dignity as a " virile stallion" . He never had any affairs with other women. I knew that my mother was the only woman in his life who got all his love and intimate devotion. Since a very early age it become imprinted upon me that regular sexual intercourse is something to be cherished within a stable marriage.

I believe that the reality about married sex life that I grew up with, prepared me well for my own healthy marriage. My wife and I have conceived and raised 4 children, now all grown-up, married and with their own children.

Our children were raised in a city. We did keep some pets of both sexes in order to allow our children to become acquainted with animal mating, pregnancy and giving birth. I can still clearly recollect how our dachshund gave birth in a box carried into the kitchen with the children tenderly observing the whole process. Our children even informed the neigbouring boy. His mother phoned and asked whether he could also come and join observing the birth process. That boy became a medical doctor and is currently practising as a neuro surgeon.

Back to my real topic. My wife and I were more discreet when we were having sex when the children were still living with us. We always locked the bedroom door. When our double bed started sqeeking, I replaced it. And when my wife experienced intense orgasms, I sucked her tongue into my mouth to silence the noises coming from our bedroom. I believe that our children all knew very well that we were enjoying regular sexual intercourse.

When you read this, do all of you agree that I have been raised by my parents in a very normal manner ? Do extended lecturing about sexual issues not create an impression on children that sex is a misterious world that need to be studied an experienced with curiosity, and therefore creating more freaks than normally sexually orientated adolescents ?

you were raised by your parents in a normal way. however, the normal is not necessarily the correct way. you cannot isolate that because you turned out normal that this would be the case for everybody across the world. Rather the opposite is correct: lack of sex ed and silence from parents regarding sex and relationships can severely harm children. sex ed and an open relationship with parents has actually been shown to delay the onset of sexual debut; lead to responsible sexual intercourse and reproductive health concerns; the awareness of an individual's rights and responsibilities in terms of sex; and safer sexual relations.

1
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/09/27

Reply to sexologist