Question
Posted by: Matilda | 2010/02/10

Seeking new job

Dear sir/madam

I am busy applying for jobs because I am looking for a new challenge. I using my leave to go for interviews. Should I tell my boss what I am doing or am I within my rights to use my leave?

I do not what to hear afterwards I was acting inappropriate when I do get a new job.

Thank you so much for the advice.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: Seeking New Job

You may certainly use your leave to go for interviews. If you can avoid telling your boss about this then it is suggest that you do not say so.

2
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010/02/26

Re: Seeking New Job

Reply to labour lawyer
Posted by: Broer | 2010/02/10

hey Broer,some managers would treat you like a rubbish once they know that you are looking elsewhere.what I know for sure is that your leave days are your leave days and yes it is inappropriate to just go on leave knowing there is a lot that needs to be done within limited time. By the way I think your leave days should be paid for if not taken when you leave.Just find out if they are paid for or they are just forfeited.then you can do as you want.

Reply to Broer