Question
Posted by: AGM | 2008/08/01

Seeking help

Need Advice

I have just bought a house and it cost R266 000.00. I am moving in December 2008, surely the deduction will start month end of December. My bond will be R3200.00 per month for 20 years. I lend R10 000.00 from the savings club, which accumulate interest so I cant afford to pay that before December.

I saw this advert on the newspaper to consolidate your debts, I was thinking of borrowing R350 000.00 with this I am intending to spend it like this: I want to pay my house R266 000.00 cash, pay the social club money R10.000.00 with interest cash, The remaining money I will use it to buy curtains, sofas etc. For this loan that I want to take I will be paying R2600 per month for 20 years but interest rate will affect it. I need your advice will I be making the big mistake of my life. Or will this help to survive becaouse I am earning R7000.00 after didaction.

Thank you for your advices

I haven't the faintest idea ! What made you think a psychiatrist was the right guy to ask about this financial issue ?

3
Posted by: Gracie | 2008/08/01

Keep your mortgage with the bank. These places just apply for a loan thru the banks anyway and charge exhorbitant fees! Buy curtains and sofas as and when you have the money. Think carefully before you do something like this - read the small print and make sure you understand every document you are signing!

Reply to Gracie
Posted by: AGM | 2008/08/01

My humble apologies Cyber. It is because you are so brilliant and I also thought that my lovely sisters and brothers from this forum with financial backround will help me.

When I have something that is bothering me the first thing I think is to post it to this forum.

My humble apology once more. You are last person that I want to upset in this forum because u are so helpful.

Reply to AGM
Posted by: Kelly | 2008/08/01

LOL i guess u were asked because u kinda know everything hey!
Well hope u get some financial guidance re. the decisions u have to make though.

Reply to Kelly