Question
Posted by: Lee | 2011/11/18

Seeing things that are not there.

For a long time now I''ve been seening things that aren''t real. It happens the moment I open my eyes after I''ve been asleep. I open my eyes and I see spiders, sometimes it''s just one big spider run across the ceiling towards me and other times its thousands of little or big spiders everywhere. The spiders disappear very quikley so I know they aren''t real. Is this some kind of simptom or am I going crazy?
please help.

OK, seeing or hearing things that aren't there, and which others cant see or hear, is often a significant problem needing medical attention. BUT.
Seeing things which aren't really there, WHICH YOU KNOW AREN'T REAL, and either just as one is wakingn up, or just as one is going to sleep, are normal though not very common, and have the marvellous names of Hypnogogic and Hypnopompic hallucinations. They are not a symptom of any disorder and don't mean you're going crazy.

1