Question

SEEING STARS

Hi there,

I have been experiencing stars constantly for a couple of weeks, (more when I get up quickly, but also whilst I' m sitting here typing this post.) now. I have had my bp checked out by a GP who advised that my BP was normal. I' m concerned as the stars now effect my vision and I struggle to see at times. My GP advised that it could be an aura from a migraine (but without the headache). I' m very concerned that it might be in indication of something bigger. Do you know what could be the cause of this. Should I be concerned?

Dear Anonymous
Yes you are quite right, this could be dangerous as it could be a sign of a retina tear. Please see if you can get an evaluation by an opthalmologist or eye specialist as soon as possible. (or even an optometrist to look at the retina for you)