Posted by: Sharlene | 2009-02-20

Seeing non existent spiders

I have a very interesting query. Sometimes just as I am falling asleep, I see spiders. Strange, I know. Sometimes I see the whole ceiling covered in webs, other times I see spiders (big ones) crawling just above my bed on the wall or ceiling or headboard. Or coming down their webs towards the bed. I have put on the light before to look for them, and I have to completely wake up and check the ceiling and wherever else I' ve seen them because it is so absolutely convincing and real. I am not and have never been afraid of spiders. This stopped for a few years, but seems to be back for some or other reason. Should I worry?

AHA ! "just as I am falling asleep" ! That, and just as you are drowsily waking up, are two times when normal people may experience hallucinations. They rejoice in the splendid names of Hypnogogic and Hypnopompic hallucinations, and are nothing to worry about. Why, especially as you're not especally frightened on them, you seem to specialize in doing spiders, I have no idea. Is there something about your bedroom decor that in some way suggests webs ?

Posted by: linda | 2009-02-21

Hi Sharlene, I have EXACTLY the same problem. Are you married? do u have dogs?
If you like dogs let him or her sleep next to your bed. For ome reason it works. You are also short of calcium. Drink Dolimite. Let me know.

Reply to linda