Question
Posted by: Diane | 2010/10/13

seeing black spots

I am a 49 yr old female. Yesterday while at work, I experienced something and would like to check if you could please advise.
I was sitting at my desk and all of a sudden my vision changed. Everywhere I looked I saw black spots, it almost felt like the lights were flashing on and off very very quickly. I felt a bit strange and wasnt sure if I was about to faint, or what the problem was. It lasted for about 10 minutes and then stopped.
Could you please advise - many thanks, D

Hallo Diane
These are signs that the optic nerve did not get proper blood flow for a small period of time. It can happen if your blood pressure drops very low, some people get it before migraines due to spasma of the artery to the eye, but it could also be a sign of retina detachment, which can cause blindness, so please see your doctor as soon as possible. He may need to refer you to an opthalmologist for a full examination.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/13

Hallo Diane