Posted by: Kevin | 2010-08-20

Seeing black dot in left eye

Hi,I was coughing up some phlegm this morning when I noticed seeing these weird black dots appear in front of my eyesight! After a few seconds they all went away exept for one dot that constantly appears coming from my left eye(especially when I look at bright/white surfaces). Its more annoying than anything. Did I somehow manage to damage my eye with all the force of hacking up phlegm? And will this black dot problem fade away on its own with time and will my eye repair itself , or do I need to be worried? Thanks!

It is possible that you could have sustained Retinal detachment with loss of vision in a certain part of your visual field. You should consult your doctor for treatment as soon as possible.

Posted by: Eye | 2010-08-22

Sounds like vitreous prolapse at the worst, or floaters?

Reply to Eye