Posted by: Daisy | 2008-11-20

Seeing a psychologist

I have a question. I need to find a psychologist. I tried some websites and asked around, but I found nothing. Then I heard about two psychologists.
Someone suggested I see both of them for one time and then see who I relate to. (Sorry not english, so not sure if RELATE is the correct word).
I has now so happened that I got an appointment on the same day. So the one psychologist I will see in the morning and on the same day I will see the other psychologist the afternoon.
Is this wrong?
Somehow I feel almost dishonest about seeing two people... This will however only be for the first time and then I will make a decision.

Sounds like Auditions ? Expensive, but fair enough. It does help, thopugh its not essential, to get on well with and feel comfortable with your shrink. Tell them you want an initial assessment and to discuss what their treatment recommendations would be, and that you will then consider what they have to say, and get back in touch with them if you want to accept their sugegsted treatment. That way they're not misled.