Question
Posted by: anon | 2009-10-19

seeing a doctor

im 37 year old female took the step to seeing a " shrink"  to deal with child hoodmissues affecting my life at this moment i dont feel as if i still love my husband everything seems kinda out of control have been my 2nd time with him had to write my life story i feel way down and emotional would you recommend taking an anti depressant(as i used it often befor but only had a short term effect will it make me feel better for longer this time round) i have no energy gooing to bed tired waking uo tired feeling sick but there is no clinical explanation for this like a bug etc i need to feel better

Congratulations on taking the wise step of seeing a shrink - and you are raisin sensible issues which need to be discussed with the shrink, who knows your situaton in detail. Once one starts to open up exploring painful areas and issues, it is unsettling for a while, and one may not benefit from antidepressants, which help with existing deep chemical depressions, and take some weeks to have their full benefits, by which time you nay have cleared this up by continuing to work with your shrink. The feeling down, tired, and lacking in energy could be related to a depression needing medication, or to the therapeutic business you're in the middle of.
So do discuss it with your shrink, by phone if necessary before your next session.

2

Posted by: Woman | 2009-10-19

Hi and congratulations on taking steps to sort out your life. You are obviously dealing with quite a bit. You really need to go see a good psychiatrist sooner rather than later. You most definitely have depression. Nothing wrong with having depression - it is a chemical imbalance in the brain and it IS a physical illness too.

Good luck and stay strong! :)

Reply to Woman