Question
Posted by: scorpio | 2008/11/26

seeds

Hi doc. Are seeds such as pumpkin, linseed, sunflower, etc fattening? I put about 2 tablespoons on my salad for lunch / dinner. Thanks.

Dear Scorpio
Seeds have a relatively high energy and fat content, for example pumpkin seeds contain 19,4 g of fat and have an energy content of 1864 kJ per 100g, so 2 tablespoons or 60 g would contribute 1118 kJ to your daily energy intake This represents 13,3% of your daily energy requirement if you are not trying to lose weight, which is relatively high. If you are trying to lose weight, rather have only 1 tablespoon a day.
Enjoy