Question
Posted by: SHIRL | 2009-12-21

SEED BREAD

CAN I HAVE 4 SLICES WOOLWORTH' S LOW GI SEED BREAD FOR LUNCH AS I HAVE FRUIT AND YOGHURT FOR BREAKFAST. AND 3 PROVITA' S AT 11AM. i LOVE FRUIT AND CAN EAT IT ALL DAY LONG, SEEING IT IS A NATURAL PRODUCT WHY IS IT SAID YOU MUST NOT HAVE TOO MUCH?
I AM TRYING TO LOOSE WEIGHT ABOUT 6KG AND WALK EVERYDAY. I WEIGHT 67KG - 1.68 TALL - 59YRS OLD

Dear Shirl
The Low-GI Seed bread is rather energy-dense, so I would recommend that you have 3 slices instead of 4. Fruit is an excellent food, but you cannot survive on fruit alone because despite the fact that fruit is rich in vit C, beta-carotene and so-called phyto-nutrients, you will eventually develop deficiencies of protein, calcium, vit B12, zinc, iron, omega-3 fatty acids and possibly some of the other B vitamins if you eat only fruit. Your present BMI = 23,8 which is well within the normal range. To get down to an ideal BMI of 22, you would need to weigh 62 kg, thus 5 kg to lose. Make sure that you also have low-fat milk and dairy products like yoghurt or cottage cheese, small portions of lean meat and fish, 4 eggs per week and 3 teaspoons of monounsaturated oil like olive oil a day.
Wishing you a happy Festive Season

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2009-12-22

Dear Shirl
Wishing you a happy Festive Season