Question
Posted by: Dr. D | 2009-01-24

See post 201

Dear Dr. Dasoo
I appreciate your answer very much...but should have asked my question in a different way. You described methods of " assisted"  conception. I wanted to know (since we are not using any contraceptives) what our chances are of conceiving naturally:-).(Husband 46, diagnosed with testicular cancer and had chemotherapy in 2003...Me, 32 recently diagnosed with endometriosis) As I' ve said before, we do have a reasonably active sex life with the average of 5 times per week. Thank you so much for your previous answer...at least there is a chance if we should decide to take the plunge.

Dear D

I would not be able to give you an exact answer as to what your chances of conceiving would be naturally. However, if the sperm analysis showed a 5-8% fertility rate, and in addition that you have now been diagnosed with Endometriosis also, which also influences fertility then my assumption is that your fertilisation rate would certainly be less than 5% naturally.