Question
Posted by: Trace | 2011/04/11

Sedate Feral Cats

Hi Im moving house and have 4 feral cats I feed that I need to take with me. The one lives on my porch and the others I can sit with them when they eat. They jump when I touch them but don''t run away. Currently Im trying Nutricalm to see if it will calm them enough to catch them to move them to the new house.

I have been told ACP will work if I ask my vet for some?

Have you any other suggestions?

Leaving them behind is not an option.

Many thanks

Answer:
Any sedative medication( like ACP) should be used under veterinary supervision, so I would suggest that you try the natural medications like Nutricalm, but these might not be effective for feral cats. You might want to contact the local SPCA and hire a catching trap that might be the most effective way to catch them in order for you to transport the cats.

2
Posted by: Chill | 2011/04/11

Yes, they should work - not sure about their scheduling status, your vet may/may not be allowed to give them to you without seeing the cats. Best thing is to phone and ask.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Cybervet | 2011/04/11

Answer:

Reply to Cybervet