Question
Posted by: Meohme | 2012/09/12

Security Blanky at 41

I''m a 41 year old woman with 3 sons, and I still sleep with my blankey that I''ve had since I was 5. My husband is getting annoyed with it (after all these years? huh?) and says it normal for a grown woman to have a blanky. I would rather have my blanky that him! just kidding, but I am very very attached to it and it has travelled with me to more that 15 countries. If the house catches fire I will firstly save blanky though (after the kids ofcourse). Is have a security object in adult life it really a problem?

GOsh, at one time I was really interested in the whole issue of Security Blankets ( the psychoanalysts call them Transitional Objects ) but I've rarely come across someone who still uses one at 41. Normal is a weasel word. I'd say its unusual for an adult to still use one -but its very much safer and preferable to what other people do instead, such as taking sedatives or using alcohol.
As you imply in your question, its really a matter of HOW and WHEN you use it that decides whether or not it's a problem. If you took it to job interviews, for instance, even if it calmed you, it'd probably discourage potential employers ! And maybe your husband feels uneasy about sharing the bed with a venerable object that means to much to you - he may well feel you prefer it to him ( well, its probably much less demanding ! ).
SO, keep it in proportion, and its probably preferable to many alternatives especially chemicals of various kinds.

2
Posted by: Valdenice | 2012/09/24

If you are looking at the face, what weunorfdl things it does but if you look around a bit you see that all this bill does for me is a headache of paperwork, the privilege of paying for my own health care and the increased taxation, fees, fines and penalties to pay for health care for the millions.The costs of Obama. The CBO states that the federal debt will be 90% of GDP. There will be some 126 new Federal Agencies and 116,000 new IRS agents to pay for.Obama is like a husband who comes home to a wife and child who are starving. He has a new shiny ring he has bought with their last dime and even though he doesn''t have a job, he has payments for the next 10 years. He is angry because the wife and child do not appreciate his shiny present. This government gift must be paid for. That is what the people don''t like. Check the price tagI can make my own ring, thank you and I expect you to do the same.

Reply to Valdenice