Posted by: Zahra | 2012-04-27

secondary infertilty

I am 35 and have a 7 year old son.I''m ttc for 3 years with no success.Been for blood tests -all clear.steve biko said pcos 1 year ago bcos on irregular cycles(39 day cycle) I now got my cycle to a 32 day cycle and don''t miss any month(regular).I''m also on inofolic for a month now.I''m confused as I don''t know what the second I have done one iui with dr lindique-wilgeheuwel hospital eyears ago unsuccessful.should I go for a laprascopy,am I ovulating..I have done ovulation home test and it detected LH levels however I''m not sure if I worry is what''s going on inside me??

Dear Zahra

The next step that you need to take is for your husband to have a semen analysis done and that you have a laparoscopy undertaken. The laparoscopy will help to determine if the fallopian tubes are opened and whether the pelvic structures are normal and that you do not have any endometriosis, which certainly does affect fertility. Another test that you should undergo is a day-21 progesterone level to see if you are ovulating or not.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: Bee Sting | 2012-04-28

Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear.

If the test detected LH levels, then I am sure that you ovulate.

It could also be due to endometriosis, blocked tubes, hositile mucus, and even hubby''s sperm. Has he gone for a sperm analysis yet?

Please join us on the Infertility Forum... we are a bunch of ladies in the same boat... trying to conceive without success.

Reply to Bee Sting